Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site
The Polyphonics OFFICIAL Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who are the polyphucknuts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will help the polyphonics build more polyphans?
i will gosh darn it!!!
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
i will not (seriously)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

sucko
PolyNewb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: who are the polyphucknuts? Reply with quote

I was searchin on da net, when all of a sudden i stumbled upon a web site for the polyphonics. Why do they suck so hard? The site is half done (bios, news, links....etc.), not many shows to the library, this forum thing is all people seem to care about(except the occassional review on a past show, which seem to be damn good, but i've never seen them so how do i know the truth). MAKE THE SITE BETTER, PLAY MORE SHOWS!!!! I'm gonna check up on you, and if there is no real progress, i may have to bash you to all my friends. (oh yeah forgot to mention, your songs kick complete ass!!!! BUT, it seems as if you are all reliant on internet talks rather than pushing yourselves to make it with your awesome shit. I'd like to see more upcoming shows, rather than NONE. I'll come see you, i'd like to see your live show, that way i can kick all of your asses into making something more of yourselves. And everyone else on the site, the only way they can do so, is YOUR HELP!!!!!! sure you tell a friend or two, but that just fades away- exploit, exploit, exploit!!!!!!!! make flyers, pass em out, spread the word, talk like there is nothing better if you really truly mean what you say on this forum. this is by all means not a hate mail, just a local guy that is trying to help good bands get MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
NyQuil Driver
The MADministrator!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you? Do we know you? Initially we thought it was our guitarist Jon because he has been known to use 'polyphucknuts' and 'polyphans' in posts and e-mails and such. However he denies it vehemently.

Anyways to address the things that make you think that we suck:

Lack of shows; our drummer is up at school this semester so it makes it hard to do shows and practice and such. However his semester is done at the end of September so that should pick up.

Website Content; We have no real excuse, we do suck.

Motivation; We do lack any sort of business motivation, however, rest assured that we are motivated to rock your socks off.

If you do feel the need to bash us to your friends, please at least say that you like the music, but we're all idiots. That'd be fine by us as it's not far from the truth.

Anyways, thanks for checking in. Hope you signed up for the e-mail list so when things do start picking up in PolyLand you'll know and hopefullyyou can come check us out. Be sure to introduce yourself to us.

NyQ

Sic Transit Gloria - Glory Fades - I'm Max Fischer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sucko
PolyNewb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good defense, but from the sounds of it you all lack integrity to motivate yourselves. Music is a hard industry to get into, and im sure your "in it for the music", but honestly if you make music, its an artform and some decide to hold it close to the hearts but others who want to spread the word to everyone (or the majority) take initiative to work hard at what they do and earn the rights to play music professionally, in which they enjoy and feel accomplished in doing so (most of the time it has nothing to do with money). Sure its a "sell out" type of thing, but it causes you to live a dream, and for one second think about it, if you always dreamed of being a "rock star" of some sorts, why aren't you yet? Mind you i dont know how old you all are and how long you've been playing together, but when you start something, you come out kickin as hard as you can to show true passion. If you don't, why try, there are a lot of local bands with the potential of huge to even mild success, and they never accomplish anything but a few gigs around the area playing for their friends, maybe a cd, and eventually fade into nothing. You all need to ask yourselves if this is what you want to do and decide to keep goin and be the best, or waste your time with a hobby.

If you think your able to rock my socks off (love the D), then use that to gain a name. I want to hear polyphonics on the radio someday soon, i wanna see posters of upcoming shows in my area (i am from the detroit area, and i to have once made it big in the buisness, but thats all the info on me you need untill we meet). -and i will come to one of your shows when you get some, but i doubt you will meet me right away, i want my "socks off" before i meet you guys.

The drummer thing sucks, its cool your in school though. And college is THE BEST place for advertising, gigs, etc... it doesn't matter if its a University or a community college, LOTS OF PEOPLE FOR YOU TO SPREAD YOUR WORDS TO!!!!!!!!!!! Are the rest of the members in school? They need to do the same if they are.

Finally,
"If you do feel the need to bash us to your friends, please at least say that you like the music, but we're all idiots. That'd be fine by us as it's not far from the truth.- Nyquil driver"
That right there shows me no faith in yourselves to fight for your stature- this will get you no where. Its a piss poor attitude on your music and therefore shows everyone new that you flat out suck and they shouldn't waste their time even listening to your music. If you guys are gonna constantly rip yourselves apart or settle for someones critism as being the honest to god truth and not something that can be worked out, then QUIT right now. Music is like a relationship- after awhile you get "trapped" in something you dont enjoy anymore, but its when your able to pull out and make things all the better is when you succeed. So either stay where you are all at and suffer the thought of never playing to a sold out crowd, or fix the problems in your motivation levels and come together and rock everyones socks off!!!!!! YOUR MUSIC IS AWESOME FOR A LOCAL BAND TO HAVE, now gear yourselves to making a life of what you really want to do, be it music or whatever else your plans in life are. (i'd like to it be the music though, and to the one person who voted on the poll- stay true the music you love!)

-Sucko
[/quote]
Jephonics
PolyGroupie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bloke has a lot to say. He is right in most aspects. However, in no way is it a waste of time. If nothing ever comes of the polyphonics it was still worth it and a lot of fun too.

jh
NyQuil Driver
The MADministrator!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucko wrote:

Finally,
"If you do feel the need to bash us to your friends, please at least say that you like the music, but we're all idiots. That'd be fine by us as it's not far from the truth.- Nyquil driver"
That right there shows me no faith in yourselves to fight for your stature- this will get you no where. Its a piss poor attitude on your music and therefore shows everyone new that you flat out suck and they shouldn't waste their time even listening to your music. If you guys are gonna constantly rip yourselves apart or settle for someones critism as being the honest to god truth and not something that can be worked out, then QUIT right now.
-Sucko
[/quote]

I was just joking

Anyways, I agree with most of what you said. We should get our asses in gear. It's just frustrating when you do try to get something going and half of the time it falls thru. We should have been on a Shut Eye Records compilation, fell thru. We were supposed to open for a band at their CD release party, which was getting decent press and advertisments on the radio, it fell thru. We were supposed to do a lot of things for the 8 years of our tenure. And after that long of getting your hopes up and having it fall thru, yeah, it's easy to get disheartened. And while it's true we weren't fighting tooth and nail to get ahead, it's not like no progress was made. Basically, we are serious about it, although I'll agree we could definitely be more serious.

And before you say, 'you've been together for 8 years and this is all you've accomplished?!' Let me just say we're all in the 21-22 year old age. We've been together since way back in 95 or 96 when we were in high school. But we were your typical garage band then, mostly covers, playing at parties. We've been together as a serious band I'd say for about 3 or 4 years and we have a CD out and are working on our next.

NyQ

ps, since you're from the area and made it big, maybe you still have some contacts around you could e-mail us? info@polyphonics.net

Sic Transit Gloria - Glory Fades - I'm Max Fischer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jephonics
PolyGroupie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also: what I can say that is cool about us is that we do what we want and don't care. I know so many bands that start out one style and change with the popular opinion. They try to hard to sound like other bands. We don't do that. We all just do what we like and don't say anything more about it. We give and take with song ideas. What I am saying is that I don't know of many bands that sound like us out there. I know that everyone says that about their own band but I really believe it. I can't come up with one band we sound like. I can come up with 5 or 6 but not one. I can sum other bands up in one or two at the most made bands. Maybe that is why we have not gotten anywhere. Also we have stayed togetehr through it all. There is a high mortality rate among bands we have known. They always break up. Even the ones who gain some local success. What is that all about? I am proud to be a Polyphonic. even if we are slackers.
sucko
PolyNewb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyquil- Don't get dishearted over things you can't achieve. TRIALS AND TURBULATION are things needed to be overcame so you can suceed in something you completely desire. Don't ever give up on a dream, whatever it may be (honestly that is the reason for so many upset, negative individuals throughout the country, because they took "no" for an answer.) Lastly- you say your all within the 21-22 age group- PRIME TIME, keep getting more and more serious.

Jephonics (another member of the band i presume)- I love the sound of your integrity....dont ever suffer to the majority only promote what you feel is right...

sucko
Gwonton
PolyGroupie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sucko, so were ya present at our show at the Kodiak??? If you weren't you missed a "rock your socks off" show... let us know, we're all curious if your were present or not and if you were satisfied by our rocking nature..

gwono
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: