Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site
The Polyphonics OFFICIAL Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So there I was...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DngrsDrrn
PolyRockStar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: So there I was... Reply with quote

Walking out of the Mars Volta show. I was propositioned for a flyer of a band as would be expected. It was for the band Arizing. I hadnt seen Arizing since back in like 99 when I was hanging out with Kevin from Factory 81. So I struck up a conversation with the girl that was handing out the flyers and the guy that was with her.
It just so happened that the girl was part owner or something of Medea records (the label that Factory 81 was signed on back in the day). So I do the first thing that comes to mind when graced with this information. I urinated on a cop.
After that however, I started talking about everyone's favorite absent band the Polyphonics. I tried to drill into the head the website of the band to these people and I tried to get them to come to the next show so perhaps if they liked what they heard they might want to perhaps sign the super friends.
I couldn't quite recall at the time where the polyhedrons where playing, so I called up someone I knew would know. I called the vvvvvvv. That's right, the man, the myth, the vvvvvvv. The man whose name sounds like a noise that's made during climax. Surely he would have the information I so desperately needed to perhaps jump start the stagnant swamp water of a career the polydipsia calls their own.
I'm on the phone. I'm talking to vvvvvvv and I said something to the effect of "hey I need to find out where you guys are playing on the 16th so that I can get some people from Medea records to come out and see you guys".
vvvvvvvvvvvv responded with the longest line of yittish I have ever heard. And then he dropped the bomb on me. "I dont know". He had no idea where they were playing. I tried to play it off, perhaps thinking he was just confused but he really had no idea. A member of the band had no idea where they were playing. I told the medea records people this, feeling more embarrassed than even that time Justin walked in on me and his mom.
Well he finally did remember and I shared it with the people. They were pleased, I told them to check out the show, he said sure. If they showed up after that debacle I would be duly impressed.
I shared this story with Jon yesterday and he just ran in circles. We're off to a good start in a rock and roll career!
ADMIN OF DOOM!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is such a wonderful story! thanx for sharing. and i'm sorry you mentioned the thing about justins mom...
DngrsDrrn
PolyRockStar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my boxers have a hole in them.
The MADministrator!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was half asleep when you called, sorry if I wasn't that coherent. I think I did pretty good under the circumstances.

Thanks for the plug

NyQ

Sic Transit Gloria - Glory Fades - I'm Max Fischer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DngrsDrrn
PolyRockStar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do what I can. How else am I going to get that casting couch a-goin if you guys arent famous?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: