Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site
The Polyphonics OFFICIAL Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Words to "Goin Sideways"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Cheddar
INVENTOR OF ROCK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Words to "Goin Sideways" Reply with quote

Here ar da words for...... "Goin Sideways"
-the polyphonics

1)
Hopin to be on the right track,
just like a back-pack-slap-smack,
it makes no sense to me too,
life is always turnin around for me.

2)
Everyday I hope it to be,
the ending of my misery,
the gracious hell my life has become,
don't know where its comin from oh no.....

c)
Goooo-in side ways
(goin sideways, goin sideways..)
I can't tell if its just a phase....
(if its just a phase)
yeah, yeah..

3)
Open up my eyes,
and become to comprimise,
shape up my size,
of my life.. again..

c)
Goooo-in side ways
(goin sideways, goin sideways..)
I can't tell if its just a phase....
(if its just a phase)
yeah, yeah.. YEAH!!!!

CUZ I'M GOIN...
SIDEWAYS!!!!!! (GOIN!!)
SIDEWAYS!!!!!! (GOIN!!)
SIDEWAYS!!!!!! (GOIN!!)
SIDEWAAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4)
WELL SHAPE UP MY SIZE,
OF MY LIFE,
DO IT AGAIN.....NO!!!!!!!!!!

-END-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jephonics
PolyGroupie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--The Song "Going Sideways" is an introspective look into the deterministic versus chaotic theory of existence in relation to the function free will does or does not allow us to make independent decisions about our fate leaving us free from preordination. The narrator declares to himself about his intentions of and faith in the knowledge that he has control over his life. He "hope[s] to be on the right track" but isn't sure if it really "makes sense to" hisself. He suggests the fact that "life is always turning around" for him leaving life open to the bittersweet reality of chaos and free-will.
--The second stanza opens up the possiblity that the narrator shares the fear that in fact no fate guides us. The invisible hand that thus guides the universe weilds little impact on our lives. The "ending of [his] misery" could possibly inhabit the realm of the abandonement of free-will and the embrace of preordination. A life out of control is directly comparable to a "gracious hell" in which little is known about "where its [direction] comin from". Being guided has safety unlike the responsibility that arises with free-will.
--He, like us, asks is it "just a phase". Will it end? The clear rhetorical intention is clearly illustrated in this point. As it should be, this significant query into the nature of all of our existences needs to be poignantly asked leaving any type of metaphorical or literary allusion aside. The clarity is thus essential to the point.

JH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: